Monday 4 May 2020

Watercolour Flutters....!!

Hey everyone....

Have you been to check out the AMAZING new release "FLUTTERS & BLOOMS" at "Catherine Pooler" yet?!

I have had heaps of fun creating a matching set of cards with a watercolour technique using the beautiful Happy butterflies, Garden's edge die and the Flower burst coverplate...


For all the cards I added a watercolour technique to them using these colours of CP ink...

- Rocking Red
- Orange Twist
- Tiara
- Lime Rickey
- Fiesta blue

For this first card I followed the watercolour technique I explain below before die cutting with 
the Flower burst coverplate. However you could still achieve a similar look by applying the colour after it has been die cut!!


To add the colour to all the cards I used a stamp block and swiped some of the ink onto the block. I then gave the ink a spray with water and smooshed it down onto my card base....

In between adding some of the colours I used my WOW! dual heat tool to dry them!!


The black images and sentiments are all stamped using CP Midnight ink....

It's a super awesome black ink this one, it gives great stamped impressions everytime!!


I am now totally hooked on using these inks for watercolour techniques, I'm certainly going to be playing around with them some more!!


The pretty mix of colours works so well with those Happy butterflies...
Perfect stamps and dies to use for any occasion!!

I really enjoy making matching card sets and I'm so happy with how these ones turned out, what do you think??!!


Thanks for stopping by, Hugz Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment