Tuesday 21 January 2020

Embossing and handmade watercolour....!!

Hey everyone....
 I have a new card to share with you using "Miss Ink stamps" gorgeous "Gardenia" stamp set, "Mouse flower" stencil along with a sentiment from the "Magnolia sympathy" set!!

I've been enjoying using watercolour again lately so I used it for a couple of steps on this card, loose colouring of the image and over an embossed background done with the Mouse flower stencil....


Stakiwi colours handmade watercolour paints used to colour the Gardenia are : 
- Bubblegum
- Mangawhai
- Raglan
- Starlight (Oops forgot to add that in the photo)


To create the embossing background I first got a white card base and put my mouse flower stencil on an angle holding in place with some magnets and some masking tape so I didn't get any powder and watercolour on the top area...

Using my WOW! embossing ink pad and an ink blending tool I covered the stencil with ink, removed the stencil, added the Primary pink robin WOW! embossing powder and tipped off the excess. It was then time to heat set with my heat gun...

Once all the embossing was complete I could add the watercolour. I used a handmade watercolour from Stakiwi colours called Mangawhai. I mixed some of the paint with a bit of water in a pallet to create a wash of the colour and then brushed over the embossed piece. 
I wiped off the excess and then dried it a little with my heat gun but you can totally just leave it to dry naturally. This resulted in a fun colourful background ready to add images and the finishing touches. 
I hope you enjoyed this post and I can't wait to see you try out the embossing with watercolour background too!!
Happy crafting, Hugz Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment