Saturday 11 December 2021

Foam embossing with WOW!

 Hi friends...

I have a fun technique to shard with you today using some fabulous foam from Simon Hurley to create an embossed background!!


To create this card I started with a piece of WOW! premium smooth cardstock. I then grabbed one of my Simon Hurley foam pieces and heated it with my WOW! dual heat gun just enough to warm it up so that I could press it into the WOW! folk art snowflake stamp to create a negative impression of the stamp that I am then able to stamp with....

You only need to hold the stamp there for a short amount of time to let the foam cool and pick up the impression. You can then remove the stamp and it is ready to use exactly like you would any other stamp. I pressed my WOW! ultra slow dry embossing ink pad directly onto the foam and then stamped it onto the piece of WOW! cardstock


Using the powder Pea coat from Tracy Scott's latest Indulgence trio I embossed the whole area creating an absolutely gorgeous snowflake background that I could use as a main feature for my card....

I cut the embossed piece down and then backed with black cardstock before mounting onto a white card base with foam tape!!


I then embossed the WOW! Winter wishes stamp set with WOW! metallic silver embossing powder on black cardstock and fussy cut it out before adding that onto the snowflake background also with foam tape. I love using foam tape on my cards to build dimension. 

The card was then finished off with a touch of sequins for that extra touch of bling!!

Happy embossing, hugs Ashlee


You can also use my discount code for 10% off your order - WOWDTAB


No comments:

Post a Comment